I Detest the Cold
I already had a hard time with autumn this year, as I told you a while back, but then winter … It's the worst season of all, I think!
There are all these annoying little things that make me hate this season…
- Dry hands. Even with 3 tons of extra moisturizing cream, my hands are still hurting tonight.
- The snot that plagues your nose as soon as you go out. You know what I mean, when you're inside everything is fine, you're not sick, you fill great, etc… But as soon as you go outside, you spend your time sniffing, your eyes are tearing up, your throat is dry. Does winter do that to you too?
- The fog when you're driving to work. Sometimes I feel like I'm living in the clouds.
- The 15 layers of clothing I need to stay warm. As much as I love big sweaters, scarves etc. Layer atop layer is really getting boring. I feel like I'm buried but I still prefer it to the cold.
- What could be worse than a walk with frozen feet? I get that feeling when I am walking through the parking lot. When I get in the car I need to warm up because I can't feel my feet anymore.
- The night falls in the afternoon. Well that is a bit of an exaggeration on my part, a little… Whatever. This time of year is hard for me, especially when it's gray all day and night arrives far too early.
- Scratching the windshield free of snow and ice when I get out of the office. I take the car every day and having to scratch off the ice with frozen hands (which are completely dry today) is an ordeal.
I know it sounds like I am complain. That is easy to explain, I am complaining. But fortunately, I assure you, there are also plenty of small things that make me a little like this time of year. For example: Big socks. I am totally addicted to ridiculously thick Christmas socks when I stay at home. The absence of insects. Apart from the spiders that still linger a little in the corners of the house, no more mosquitoes or huge grasshoppers. Big scarves. I'm a big fan of huge scarves that eats half your face. It's kind of hot but they are a useful invention, and totally fashionable.
Maybe I will post a follow up and share some more of them with you.